2. For order more 1000 Euro we suggest the delivery via UPS.
Producing time of custom solutions we discuss individually.
2. You can pay for the order by invoice via your bank.
The electrode cap CLINIC is designed for routine EEG. CLINIC has Ag/AgCl painted electrode MCScap-C.
The electrode cap SLEEP is designed for routine EEG, sleep EEG and newborns EEG. SLEEP has thin Ag/AgCl sintered electrode MCScap-T and exit of electrode cable of the head for studies that requires increased comfort for patients in lyuing position during sleep or newborn studies.
The electrode cap PROFESSIONAL is designed for scientific research EEG. PROFESSIONAL has skirt Ag/AgCl sintered electrode MCScap-NTC which has a largest area of the sensor for the best EEG and increased life of electrode.
If there is a signal (the program shows red / yellow / green), then the electrode cap was previously connected incorrectly. Repeat measurements with the patient.
If the cap does not work, contact your distributor or manufacturer.
1. It is necessary to warn the patient that the head must be clean. Oily skin affects impedance negatively, as the electrode gel is water based. No hairspray.
2. It should be borne in mind that patients have different skin types, and some people have dry and dense epidermis.
In this case, it will take longer to achieve a good impedance.
3. After each research it is necessary to clean the surface of the electrode sensor from the gel residues.
The dried gel will form a film, with the result that the impedance will get worse each time.
4. The new electrode system takes a little time to enter the working mode. This usually occurs after the first 3-5 signal acquisition cycles. Until then, the impedance will be slightly higher than normal.
5. Correctly select the size of the textile cap in accordance with the head circumference.
If you put on a big cap on a small head, then the electrodes will sag and there will be no contact.
6. When adding the gel, press the electrode (ring) to the patient, move the hair apart with the needle with rotating movements, add the gel, twist the needle again so that the gel is evenly distributed.
7. It is possible to coat each sensor with gel, but this does not eliminate the need to add it when the cap is on the patient.
8. It is possible to scratch the patient's skin by rotating movements of a blunt needle without effort to remove the upper layer of the epidermis.
9. After adding the gel, you can take the electrode (ring) with two fingers and, slightly pressing the patient's scalp, move it from side to side. This way you will rub the gel into the skin, it will be hydrated and the impedance will be better.
• The electrode is not connected to the electroencephalograph. Connect the electrode.
• Wet cap. Dry your cap.
• No contact between the electrode and the patient's skin. Minimize impedance.
• The electrode is defective. Replace electrode.
Intended for use
All MCScap cup electrodes are suitable for MCScap caps (without fixing rings).
Step 2. Put the cap on the patient.
Step 3. Insert the common connector into the EEG amplifier.
Step 4. Using a syringe, add the gel to the holes on the electrodes.
Step 5. Start measuring.
You can watch a video about using an EEG cap with a common connector here.
Most of the other electrodes are tin. Tin has unstable technical characteristics - high polarization*.
|Polarization of tin electrodes||
Less than 120V
Electrode polarization MCScap (Ag / AgCl)
Less than 5V
*Polarization is harmful electricity generated by the electrode when working with the skin.
• Thoroughly clean the EEG cap and electrodes from gel residues under running water;
• Remove residual moisture from the surface of the cap and electrodes;
• Spray disinfectant spray * when using wipes, disinfection is carried out by wiping);
• After applying the disinfectant, it is necessary to wait 3 minutes (exposure time), then remove the residues of the agent from the surface of the electrodes and the textile cap.
It is prohibited:
• Soak and store the electrodes in water or a disinfectant solution, chlorinate the electrodes, since exposure to an aggressive medium on the sensor surface leads to their corrosion.
• Use disinfectants with a mass fraction of isopropyl alcohol of more than 5%.
Do not wet the connectors! The connectors should be as far away from any liquids as possible.
Caps with preinstalled electrodes are not recommended to be disassembled for washing after each use. Wash the cap carefully with the electrodes.
It is recommended that caps with removable electrodes be disassembled for washing after each use.
Remove the electrodes from the cap carefully (do not pull on the electrode cables):
• Gently take the point EEG electrode by the body and pull it out of the fastening ring with rotational movements;
• Gently grasp the cup EEG electrode by the body, with the other hand pull off the portion of the cap next to the hole for the electrode and remove the electrode from the hole.
For cleaning, rinse the product in water with a mild detergent such as baby shampoo. For better cleaning of electrodes from gel residues, use a special brush with soft bristles. After the detergent, rinse the product under clean running water. If the tap water is too hard, rinse the product in distilled water. Put the washed product on a towel and let the water drain. Hang the product upright in a dry, warm place.
Watch the MCScap care video here.
Caution: Improper maintenance can damage the product. Do not use abrasive materials when cleaning the product.
If necessary, you can purchase a repair kit or repair electrode from your distributor or manufacturer.
All other caps are black with colored seams.
The color of the MCScap cap or seam depends on the size of the cap.
Our caps provide better EEG signal quality than ElectroCap caps.
And our prices are significantly lower than ElectroCap caps.
Please, choose the size carefully, if necessary, use a measuring tape.
For electrode caps SLEEP and PROFESSIONAL warranty period is 1 year or 300 cycles.